I wanna do something like what Liz, the main character in Eat, Pray, Love, did. To rebuild oneself after a fall, trying to find a renewed sense of self by picking up life's simple truths in the most varied settings. I want to experience culture, to marvel in it like a child observing his caregiver. I want to learn a new dialect, to taste the food of the locale, to participate actively in a festival, and many more.
Here's a quote form the book itself:
In short, I want a break. Some time for myself, to meditate and experience dolce far niente. A retreat extraordinaire, after my board exam, that is.
But since I cannot afford to go to Italy, India, or Bali, I think a local version of it be a nice idea. Like substituting Italy for somewhere in the south, or India for someplace in Mindanao, or a lone island for Bali. I haven't really ironed my plan yet but I'm definitely try to do this.
Saan kaya maganda um-Eat, Pray, Love? :)
Here's a quote form the book itself:
“But is it such a bad thing to live like this for just a little while? Just for a few months of one's life, is it so awful to travel through time with no greater ambition than to find the next lovely meal? Or to learn how to speak a language for no higher purpose than that it pleases your ear to hear it? Or to nap in a garden, in a patch of sunlight, in the middle of the day, right next to your favourite fountain? And then to do it again the next day?” ― Elizabeth Gilbert, Eat, Pray, Love
In short, I want a break. Some time for myself, to meditate and experience dolce far niente. A retreat extraordinaire, after my board exam, that is.
But since I cannot afford to go to Italy, India, or Bali, I think a local version of it be a nice idea. Like substituting Italy for somewhere in the south, or India for someplace in Mindanao, or a lone island for Bali. I haven't really ironed my plan yet but I'm definitely try to do this.
Saan kaya maganda um-Eat, Pray, Love? :)

How about a Luzon, Visayas and Mindanao substitute, one for each.
ReplyDeletePwede rin. I was thinking that about that too para sobrang diverse. :))
Deleteit'll be fun if you get to do all this Philippines is big enough for a happy travelling try exploring it maybe
ReplyDeleteyes. sobrang naeexcite na ako :))
DeleteThat's right, have some time for yourself after the board exams, you deserve it :)
ReplyDeleteOo naman. matagal din akong mechanical at subsob sa pagaaral.hehe :P
Deleteaww favorite. :)) mahal nga lang mag-eat, pray, love. maganda nga kung dito ka muna sa pinas. sulit na
ReplyDeleteOo mukhang mahal nga. Sana isponsor ako ng nanay ko.haha :P pweds na rin sa pilipinas.
Deletesi elizabeth, sponsor ata nung publisher ng book. di ko na maalala. pag ako, puro eat lang ahah
ReplyDeletelearn to surf in siargao, snorkel in coron then go to laoag and hike your way to tuguegarao over the cordillera and then take a bus back to manila....
ReplyDeleteI think my budget can't afford to do all of those. I think I'm going to explore the north na lang so I might go to laoag instead. :)
DeleteBut its nice too to have some fun with other activities, not only for eating and etc.
ReplyDelete