If you’re into food, you will
surely find a lot of taste-shockers along the four streets of the University of
Santo Tomas. Even the stall that seems to be in ruckus might sell the most scrumptious
kind of food you have ever tasted. Looks can be deceiving in this part of town.
We also had two rolls of Beef
Kimbab (100 pesos), the Korean counterpart of the Japanese sushi, on the side. Unlike
the other Korean restaurant I’ve been to along Dapitan which previously served
me Kimbab with hotdog as one of its ingredients , this was a legit Kimbab with
the right ingredients of radish, ham, egg, cucumber, beef, and carrots. It was
a plus that they have variants of tuna and chicken for this selection.
It was starting to get flooded
yesterday along the streets of UST. I, along with my friend, was at P.Noval
Street looking for somewhere to eat. After a couple of minutes, we saw the sign
that made our taste buds jolt with excitement. SANTORINI.
Santorini is a restaurant along
P.Noval street, owned and managed by a Korean couple. It’s a small, cozy shop
that looks like an authentic Korean restaurant with all the design and K-pop
posters and fan messages stuck on the walls.
It serves a wide variety of food such
as ramen, kimbab, and rice meals for an affordable price of 150-200 pesos/meal.
Since nothing is superior to a
hot bowl of soup on a rainy day, we ordered ramen with vegetable dumplings. It
was moderately spicy but it’s more flavorful than the one’s from its competitors
in the area. Actually, it is the best of its kind I have tasted so far.
We also had two rolls of Beef
Kimbab (100 pesos), the Korean counterpart of the Japanese sushi, on the side. Unlike
the other Korean restaurant I’ve been to along Dapitan which previously served
me Kimbab with hotdog as one of its ingredients , this was a legit Kimbab with
the right ingredients of radish, ham, egg, cucumber, beef, and carrots. It was
a plus that they have variants of tuna and chicken for this selection.
The entire meal was quite a
carbo-loading experience, having the deadly combination of noodles and rice.
But no worries, I got my money’s worth at Santorini. Who wants to dine with me there
next time?



ang mura ng kimbab!! pude magfoodtrip dito after ng shoot sa ust bagong tambayan hahaha...
ReplyDeletebtw ang ganda ng dingding parang sa bahay lang ang dating, alam mo yung tipong fan na fan ka ng isang artista tas may mga picture sa dingding hahaha...
Tara! Kain tayo minsan dito kuya :) and oo, sobrang cool ng walls diba? Parang kwarto ng fan girl
Deleteill try to visit.. hehe
ReplyDeleteHindi ka pa nakapunta dito? Haha taga ust ka ba? Haha
Deletenice kimbab seems perfectly done
ReplyDeleteIt really is! 10/10 :)
Deletekimbab!!!! so love it!!!
ReplyDelete:D
Punta ka na rin dito minsan :)
DeleteCool!! Their place looks awesome.. I like their expression wall.. very creative.. and their ramen looks yummy too! :)
ReplyDeleteCheers~!
- Justin -
The World According To Me
this looks like a nice place to visit. I'll recommend this ot my k-pop fantaic friends :)
ReplyDeleteoh my, now I am craving! I love Korean Food, wish I can eat it everyday <3
ReplyDeleteCool photos on walls!
ReplyDeleteIronic. The name's Santorini but it serves nothing Greek. Wtf. But anyway, the place looks cozy. I'll recommend it to my UST friends.
ReplyDeleteHello there, bro.